Given how the coronavirus pandemic reformed customer attitudes to online shopping as essential, we can reasonably expect that Amazon will make out like a bandit with its Prime Day 2020 deals bonanza.
What is Amazon Prime Day? Well, it’s an annual shopping event for Amazon’s coveted Prime subscribers who, in exchange for an annual fee, are getting free fast shipping and media subscriptions, as well as said exclusive deals and discount access.
Best Prime Day 2020 phone deals
Best Samsung phone prices on Prime Day
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G at $100 off
- Nokia 5.3 at 20% off
- Motorola edge at $200 off
- Sony Xperia 1 + WH1000XM3 headphones bundle at $550 off
The best TV deals on Prime Day
- $150 off Toshiba 55-inch 4K Fire TV Edition Smart TV
Prime Day laptop deals 2020
- Laptops starting at $119.99 from Best Buy
Prime Day deals on AirPods, Bluetooth speakers, headphone, and wireless earbuds
- Apple AirPods Pro at $30 off
- Sony WHCH710N Noise Cancelling Headphones at $100 off
- Save on JBL Boombox
- Save up to 30% on headphones from top brands
- Stockwell Black & Brass will be 35% off (originally $199.99, now $129.99) on Oct 13th.
- Acton II Alexa Voice will be 43% off (originally $299.99, now $169.99) on Oct 14th.
Amazon Prime Day deals on cases and accessories
- All PhoneSoap products, including PhoneSoap 3 and HomeSoap, will be 20% off on October 13th.
- Save up to 30% on Tile trackers
- Save 30% on select cell phone cases
Best Amazon device deals for Prime Day
- Two Echo Dot devices for the price of one
- Fire TV Recast at $100 off
- Save 60% on Amazon’s most popular smart speaker, Echo Dot (3rd Gen), just $18.99
- Save up to $80 on Echo Show devices. Get the Echo Show 5 for $44.99, Echo Show 8 for $64.99, and Echo Show (2nd Gen) for $149.99
- Take Alexa on the road with $30 off Echo Auto, now with Auto Mode in the Alexa App and Start My Commute features, just $19.99
- Fire TV Edition Smart TVs start at just $79.99. Plus, get the Insignia 32-inch Smart HD Fire TV Edition TV for $109.99 and the Toshiba 43-inch Smart 4K UHD Fire TV Edition TV for $209.99
- Save $40 on Fire TV Cube and use your voice to control your entertainment experience, just $79.99
- Save up to 45% on Fire tablets. Get the Fire HD 10 for $79.99 and Fire 7 Kids Edition tablet for $59.99
- Save $75 on eero Mesh WiFi system ensuring you have whole home WiFi coverage, just $174.00
- Save $20 on Ring Stick Up Cam, just $79.99.
- Save 30% on Ring Video Doorbell devices and get Ring Video Doorbell (2nd Gen) for $69.99
- Get Blink Mini Indoor Cam, just $24.99
- Get your smart home started with Ring Video Doorbell 3 and Echo Show 5, just $149.99
- Get an Echo Dot and LIFX Smart Bulb (Wi-Fi set up), just $18.99
- Save $50 on Kindle Paperwhite, just $79.99
- Save $35 on the Kindle Kids Edition, just $74.99
When is Amazon Prime Day 2020?
- October 13-14, 2020, at 12АМ PT/3 AM ET
We are talking space previously occupied by former retail giants like Sears, J.C. Penney, etc., which ironically were loaded with debt and folded just recently, freeing up space for Amazon to move in and turn the brick and mortar shopping palaces into brick and mortar fulfillment centers. Space will be used for extra warehousing, order fulfillment, and distribution centers so that Amazon can get those Prime Day 2020 deals to you even faster and with less hassle.
When is the Amazon Prime Day 2020 start date? It would be Tuesday, October 13 through October 14. Prime Day 2019 started on Monday, July 15, while the previous year Prime Day 2018 fell on Monday, July 16, but we live in one unorthodox year.
Amazon has even blacked warehouse worker vacations in the October 13-20 period, so it will be postponing Prime Day 2020 by three months, not one or two, given the October 13 Prime Day 2020 start date.
How do you shop on Prime Day?
Last year, Prime Day was a raging success, even bigger than those staples of the promo sales like Black Friday or Cyber Monday, and, considering the popularity boost that online shopping, got from the coronavirus, Amazon will probably have its cake and eat it, too, when it comes to revenue numbers. Pandemic has boosted the e-commerce transaction significantly and for the best performance of a website you need a website design agency.
As the name of the shopping fiesta suggests, in order to qualify for the deals, you have to be an Amazon Prime member, but if you don’t want the membership fee and all the perks that come with it, you could just cancel before the 30-day trial period has ended.
Here’s how and when to shop on Amazon Prime Day 2020 to get the best deals and discounts on TVs, phones, games, and all else:
4. Shop early, make a list, and fulfill orders quickly, as last year plenty of items ran out in the first few hours, and Amazon Prime Day 2020 will be even less of an exception, considering the stocking and shipping issues that the coronavirus lockdown induced.
What are the best Prime Day 2020 deals?
What were the best-selling devices on Amazon Prime Day? In America, Amazon’s top-selling Prime Day items were the LifeStraw Personal Water Filter, the Instant Pot DUO60, and 23andMe health and ancestry kits, but the company also moved hundreds of thousands of laptops, TVs, and headphones.
Best-selling Amazon Prime Day items by country
- Noise Cancelling Headphones (46% off): Brands to watch include Sony, Edifier, and TaoTronics.
- 4K TVs, Premium ($361 off): Premium 4K TVs are 60 inches or larger and include support for the latest, high-dynamic-range formats, like Dolby Vision: Brands to watch include Samsung and Sony.
- Laptops, Hi-End ($159 off): Brands to watch include HP, MSI, ASUS, Acer, and ROG.
- Lenses, Professional ($101 off): Brands to watch include Canon, Nikon, Sigma, and Rokinon.
- Cameras, Hobbyist ($82 off): Brands to watch include Panasonic and Olympus.
- Soundbars, Premium ($69 off): Premium soundbars include the latest surround sound formats like Dolby Atmos and DTS:X: Brands to watch include Soundcore and Yamaha.
- Gaming Accessories (30% off): Brands to watch include Roccat, SteelSeries, Elgato, and Blue.
- Google Assistant Headphones ($69 off): Brands to watch include Bose, Marshall, and JBL.
Amazon services and brands deals for Prime Day 2020
- Spend $10, Get $10 In-Store: Prime members who shop online or in-store at Whole Foods Market, as well as at Amazon Fresh, Amazon Go or Amazon Go Grocery, Amazon Books or Amazon Pop Up, and Amazon 4-star can receive up to $50 in Amazon.com credit to use on Prime Day by earning the “Spend $10, Get $10” in-store offer.
- Audible: Prime members can save $50 on a year of Audible Premium Plus. Audible members will also get access to the Plus catalog, featuring more than 10K Audible Originals, audiobooks, and podcasts, all at no additional cost.
- Amazon Music: For just $0.99, Prime members who haven’t yet tried Amazon Music Unlimited can get four months of the premium streaming tier with unlimited access to more than 60 million songs ad-free, and now a wide selection of popular podcasts.
- Kindle Unlimited: New customers to Kindle Unlimited save 50% off a 6-month subscription.
- Kindle Book Deals: Spend $20 on ebooks and get a $5 ebook credit; Plus, Prime members can choose two, new select Kindle books for free.
- Amazon Fashion: Save up to 30% on select Vineyard Vines clothing for men, up to 15% on select fall fashion from Shopbop including boots, denim, and more, up to 30% on select top trends from premium women’s fashion, including ASTR the Label, Splendid, and Alo Yoga, up to 30% on select kids’ and baby clothing and shoes, up to 30% on select styles from Calvin Klein, up to 30% on select Dress the Population, 4SI3NNA, and Black Halo dresses.
- Amazon Brands: Save up to 40% on select clothing styles including Amazon Essentials and Goodthreads, 40% on pet essentials from Wag, 20% on Belei skincare products, 20% on baby essentials from Mama Bear, 20% on health and personal care products from Solimo, 20% on coffee and snacks from Amazon Fresh, Happy Belly, and Solimo, and 20% on health and wellness products from Reply, Amazon Elements, and Amazon Basic Care.
- Amazon Fresh: Members can enjoy $15 off their first order of $50 or more on Amazon Fresh plus item level offers throughout the store. Visit amazon.com/Fresh for more.
- Home: Save up to 20% or more on furniture brands including Modway, Lane Home Furnishings, Walker Edison Furniture Company, and Nathan James. Save up to 20% or more on select rugs from brands including nuLOOM and Artistic Weavers. Save on Martha Stewart Hunts Table Lamp Living Room Decor and Madison Park Signature Colette table lamp.
- Prime Video: Today through Prime Day, Prime members can enjoy a selection of titles to rent or buy with up to 50% off on select titles.
- Tools: Save up to 20% on select DEWALT saws and drills and up to 15% on select DEWALT impact driver and drill combo Kits.
- Toys: Save up to 30% on select toys from Green Toys.
- Smart Home and Appliances: Save 20% on Broan Appliances and 15% on Midea compact refrigerators. Save on Kasa Smart Dimmer Switch by TP-Link and SYLVANIA Tungsten halogen light bulbs.
- Lawn & Garden: Save on Masterbuilt Electric Smoker and accessories, select BLACK+DECKER outdoor tools, Back to the Roots Water Garden, American Lawn Mower Companyelectric lawn mower, Champion 3400-Watt Portable Generator.
How can you post Amazon Prime Day deals if you are a seller?
Perhaps the biggest proof so far that there will be Prime Day 2020, is Amazon’s own call to action to merchants and sellers on its platform which reads as follows:
Granted, this is the boilerplate call to action that Amazon sends before each such push but given that Prime Day 2020 was postponed, it serves as an assurance the Amazon will hold one later in the year.
Here’s what you need to do as a seller to submit a Spotlight Deal for the Today’s Deals page during Amazon Prime Day 2020:
- Knock off at least 30% off the current site price.
- Get it to the lowest price so far in 2020, even past promos.
- Sell it in new condition.
- List products that have 4* ratings and 5 reviews or more of both.
- List products with photos according to Amazon’s style guide.
- Make sure the product hasn’t been promoted with a deal 30 days before Prime Day 2020.
Why did the coronavirus pandemic delay Amazon Prime Day 2020?
In France, Amazon was banned from stocking up on and delivering anything but essential goods, and barely a Bluetooth speaker could come by unless wrapped in toilet paper. We kid, but the unprecedented pressure on Amazon’s warehouse workers and delivery drivers has forced the company to postpone the Amazon Prime Day launch until its warehouses and delivery lines are ready.
After all, the best Amazon Prime Day 2020 deals can’t have the six-day shipping delay that orders experienced in March and not even the three-day delay they are suffering now on average, and that is why Prime Day 2020 was postponed for October 13-14 dates.